If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Friday, December 18, 2009

Actually, Danica Might Do Better Than Most People Think


We all know Danica Patrick brings attention to herself. Whether it be good or bad, she will be under the microscope, with a high profile personality behind the wheel, and a high profile personality for the owner. However, some people are already spectacle of her and she hasn't even turned a lap in an actual race.

Here's the thing, she might surprise us all. Now I'm not saying she will win the first race of her Nationwide career(at whatever track that may be)but she can certainly start out strong.

So far, things seem optamistic.

“The car moves around quite a bit,” Patrick said. “The car was definitely getting some action in the rear over the bumps. It was getting a little bit loose. But I kept my foot in it, and I tried not to chase it too much with the steering.

“I didn’t want to have an accident. But I felt all right. It was fun. I trusted the car. I trusted the preparation of it. I trust [crew chief] Tony [Eury Jr.] putting a setup on there that is not going to do anything horrendous. It didn’t. It was fine. But it definitely is a lot more movement than I am used to in the corners. I’ll have to get used to that.”

It's going to be a challange, but these last few days have made me convinced, that things will work out very well. Danica, and all the people surronding her, have noted the hard work and talent that has been showed from her. She impressed Tony Eury Jr. at a test at Walt Disney Speedway, and although it was a rain shortened test in th ARCA test, she still ranked 12th on the speed charts.

So overall, watch out for Danica. She may not be perfect, but she won't completely fail. She's going to surprise some folks, and she's going to have a good time doing it. Mark it, this is my prediction, and I have a pretty good feeling that I am going to be right. Then we'll see what people say about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger