If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Sunday, August 15, 2010

Joey Logano Vs. Ryan Newman

What Joey Logano said about Ryan Newman:

"I was asking him why he races everybody so hard all the time. I'm not the only one who says that every week. Of everyone out there, he's the hardest one to pass. I don't understand why.

I mean, there's 70 laps to go at a two-mile racetrack. That's a long ways to go. You know, if somebody races me clean, I race them (clean) back. Dale Jr. did it with me earlier in the race, he passed me and he was trying to pass cars in front of me. I helped him pass them, then I got back to him and he let me go.

That's kind of how this (racing) – I've found – that it works: If you give someone respect, you get that back. But he just races everyone hard. He raced his boss, Tony Stewart, hard. I don't understand it, but he's been doing it a lot longer than me. I tried to talk to him about it, but I don't know. I didn't get nowhere.

There's a time to race. When you're running 400 miles, 500 miles, why do we gotta race each other so early in the race? It's just frustrating when you're trying to get by someone at that point. It wasn't a big deal whether we passed each other or not at that point. Most times, if a faster car is behind me, I let them go and hopefully I get that back later.

You know, I've done with (Newman) a lot – if he gets behind me, I'll let him go. But I don't know what to tell you. I wish I could talk to him and figure it out, but I think we both need to calm down first and then talk about it."


Note: Ryan Newman declined to talk to ESPN pit reporters at the time.


Also, you can go to this link to hear first hand what was said between the two.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NASCAR?vid=8a3f596f-60e4-430a-8480-58d7588bccdd&from=foxsports/Nascar+Sprint+Cup/headlines
(please note, this link may not be up forever)

Thanks to sbnation.com/nascar and Jeff Gluck for the transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger