If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Friday, October 22, 2010

McReynolds hopes to make Nationwide Series debut at Gateway

Brandon McReynolds, son of NASCAR on Fox broadcaster and former Cup Series crew chief Larry McReynolds, hopes to make his Nationwide Series debut Saturday in the 5-Hour Energy 250 at Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis. He'll be driving a No. 42 car for Team 42 Racing Dodge, owned by Eddie Smith.

"For someone like myself, who has made my living and spent my entire life in the sport of NASCAR and other forms of racing, I can't put into words what it means to have my son competing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race this weekend at Gateway International Raceway," Larry McReynolds said. "I am so thankful that people like Eddie Smith are able to recognize all of Brandon's talent, and I'm thrilled to see his first start this weekend."

Brandon McReynolds isn't guaranteed a starting spot in Saturday's race. Instead, he'll have to get his car in on time when Nationwide Series qualifying is held on Saturday morning (airing 10:30 a.m. ET on ESPN2).

To read more, visit Nationwide Series News, Notes & Rumors.

Photo of Brandon McReynolds courtesy of ARCA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger