If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Menard And Stremme Will Make 100th Start This Weekend




This weekend won't just be an ordinary race for Paul Menard and David Stremme. It will mark their 100th start in NASCAR's top series. This will make the drivers be the 177th and 178th to make this mark in Sprint Cup history.
"It's hard to believe that I'll be making my 100th Sprint Cup start this weekend in Atlanta," Menard said. "I can remember that day I first raced in a Cup series event, and I have to admit, as I think every driver will say, it was a huge day.

"What's really hard to believe is there are guys like Mark Martin still in the sport that just last week made his 1,000 start in a NASCAR event; something like that is an achievement.
"For me, this weekend in Atlanta is more than just a landmark," Mendard said. "It's ironic that Johns Manville is on the hood this weekend, they have been a long time sponsor and good friends of mine throughout my career not only in Cup, but in early days of my driving career."
Menard made his first career start at Watkins Glen in August 10, 2003. Stremme made his debut into the series July 10, 2005, at Chicago. Stremme will be replaced by Brad Keselowski next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger