If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Sunday, October 25, 2009

Was The Last Lap Uncalled For?

On the last lap of the Sprint Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway, a car stopped on the track on the front straight-away. Yet, NASCAR did not throw a caution until the cars were racing past that stopped car.

The question is was that uncalled for? Was that too dangerous? Should NASCAR have thrown the yellow sooner?

Well, in my opinion, there should have been a caution thrown a little bit earlier, but I have to give NASCAR credit for letting the teams race that extra bit. As I was watching the last lap, I did not see the cars slow down at all until the start finish line, regardless of the caution being out. Even so, the caution didn't wave until at least after the the leaders exited turn four. I think, that the caution should have been thrown as late as possible, but yet able to have enough time to slow down before the start finish line, around where the car was.

I see this as a more bigger problem than the race at New Hampshire, where I felt people complained about a dangerous situation that didn't really exist for no reason. This race was cutting it close, and I feel that the timing could have been a little bit better.

You also have to remember that NASCAR has to make a call in less than a slit second, and it can be hard to make the right one. I give NASCAR credit, however I feel like the time needs to be better when these scenarios occur. This way, safety is better and better in the final laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger