If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Friday, July 23, 2010

Days later, it appears NASCAR made the right call


If you haven't heard about the Carl Edwards and Brad Keselowski story from last weekend at Gateway, you have been living under a rock.

When NASCAR gave out penalties on Wednesday, I wasn't shocked at all, but I did need time to think about it, because I wasn't exactly sure that it was the right call. I also skimmed comments on the articles on various websites that confirmed the penalties that were handed down to both Edwards and Keselowski. Not too many seemed to agree at the moment either. But looking back now, I say it was the right call.

OK, so NASCAR had to do something to show that what Carl Edwards did was unacceptable. Taking away the win was definitely too much, and not giving him a penalty was just too little. What I believe NASCAR had to do was find a medium between fans that thought that was just racing, or that thought that was too extreme. The medium was the 60 point penalty that Edwards and Jack Roush received. And so was the fine of $25,000. The probation, just means that NASCAR is watching him and that he can rub fenders still, but he can't do anything like wrecking someone on the straightaway again. Now, the probation for Brad, well that shouldn't be viewed as a penalty, because I don't think it is. It WILL be a penalty however, if Brad does something back to Carl.

Now would it have been different if this was on the corner? Yes, I think so. But it didn't happen that way.

2 comments:

  1. Well I kinda wanted to see no penalty but I guess it was too far out of line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been different if it didn't involve innocent cars either.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered By Blogger