If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dale Jr. Almost Ends Winless Streak


After almost 100 races since Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s last Sprint Cup Series points race win, Earnhardt took the lead from Kyle Busch after a bump and run only to get passed by Kevin Harvick with just a few laps remaining.

For a while, it seemed Jr's winless streak was about to be over, and that he would finally be able to take home a grandfather clock - the trophy for winning at Matinsville. It seemed, even to Earnhardt, that he would take the checkered flag, saying he thought "I was meant to win that damn race."

This was not the case, as he barely even held on to finish second place after a loose car in the final laps. Although disappointed, NASCAR's most popular driver is also "thrilled."

"I'm really thrilled," Earnhardt Jr said after his chance at winning. "I know it don't look like it. But I've got such a hell of an opportunity. This is such a great group to be around, and I'm having fun it. I'm racing cars. It's all I've ever wanted to do.

"I want to run like this. I want to finish like this and run a little bit better than this on every weekend, and we are right on the outside of that – and it's frustrating to be that close. It was frustrating to be leading the race with inside 10 laps to go and be passed."

Dale Earnhardt Jr, heads into the next few races with a good chance at winning yet again. The next three race tracks have been a place of victory for Earnhardt Jr. in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger