If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Monday, February 7, 2011

Michael Annett charged with DWI - UPDATE


According to a report, Michael Annett rear ended another vehicle in Mooresville North Carolina Sunday morning. The officer supposedly noticed Annett shoving breath mints into his month at the scene of the incident.

His blood alcohol concentration was .32.

There is no word on what NASCAR or Rusty Wallace Racing, which Annett drives for in the Nationwide Series, will do about the situation. Very little is known about the enitre incident at this point in time.


UPDATE: “I am deeply remorseful for my actions and my extreme lack of judgment,” Annett said in a statement. “I let down my team, my sponsors, my fans and my family; I sincerely apologize to everyone that I hurt.

“This was truly a life-changing moment for me. Despite all of the negativity that will undoubtedly arise from it, I’m going to strive to use this incident as the impetus to make a lot of positive changes in my life.”

And Rusty Wallace Racing will impose “internal sanctions” on Annett, according to a statement from the team.

There was an estimated $6,000 damage to the Toyota Tundra that Annett was driving, while $3,000 to the car he hit, according to the report. Annett’s vehicle was not drivable after the accident.




Thanks to scenedaily.com's Bob Pockrass for the updated information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger