If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Monday, February 21, 2011

Quick Blog: Trevor Bayne Is Just A Normal Kid


Who would of thought that by the end of the day, Trevor Bayne would be the homepage of CNN.com, mentioned in ABC's World News, and on every homepage of every major sports website?

You may have, but I guarantee you, Trevor didn't.

In fact, he wasn't even prepared for it. Not even for his media tour he gets to go on this week after winning NASCAR's biggest event.

"I got two T-shirts," He said. "I thought it was a big joke. But here we are. I guess I better call somebody that can make up a suit and get some clothes down here for me."

To add onto that, he needs someone to drive his F-150 home because he drove it to Daytona, unlike other drivers who have private jets.

"I drove down (to Florida) in my F-150," he said. "I was planning on driving it back. They told me somebody else is going to have to drive it back for me."

His parents who watched him race weren't even in the infield, they were in the grandstands. Imagine sitting next to them during the final laps.

Oh by the way, this Daytona 500 champion doesn't even have his own website. If you go to it, it says it is coming soon.

Some of us may have known Trevor Bayne in the recent years, but to many, he was just an unknown kid out there. Now, after winning the Daytona 500 at age 20, he will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger