If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Danica Upset Over Wreck With Ryan Truex, Truex Takes Blame


Danica Patrick's momentum from a top 5 finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway came to a halt in the final 100 laps of the Bristol race - Danica's final Nationwide Series race until June.

The JR Motorsports driver made contact with Ryan Truex, Martin Truex Jr's younger brother, and slid into the outside wall trying to save the car from crashing. Danica showed her displeasure by signaling him under the pace laps after she climbed from her car.

“I felt like I got a run down the straight and it felt like he came into my right front,” Danica Patrick said. “I don’t know exactly what happened.

"He just runs hard – he’s run hard every time I’ve been around him and it seems like overkill. If your car is good you’ll go forward, if your car isn’t, you’ll go back and that’s just a lot of NASCAR.”

Ryan Truex later admitted that he was at fault for the incident.

“I got loose, came off the wall, came down on her,” Truex said. “My fault. I didn’t mean to do it. If she’s mad, she’s mad. There’s nothing I can do about it now.

“I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry. I don’t know if she thinks if I did it on purpose or she was mad that it happened.

“It was my first time here. I’m learning just as much as she is. I guess it was a rookie mistake by me. Sorry.”

This was Danica's worst finish of the 2011 season so far, and her only finish outside the top 20. She is ninth in points, although will not compete full time due to her Indycar schedule. She will supposedly make a decision of which series she would like to compete in later this year, however she continues to not be focused on it quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger