If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Danica Patrick Talks Future, Possible Godaddy Sale

Photo From JR Motorsports

Danica Patrick spoke with members of the media on Thursday at Daytona International Speedway after returning to NASCAR following a few weeks racing over in Indycar.

When asked about her future along with the timetable for her decision of whether or not she will run Indycar or NASCAR in 2012, she didn't say anything new.

"Obviously I'm racing in NASCAR and I've not made anyone wonder whether I like it," she said. "But other than that, as I've said from the beginning of the year, these things are complicated and they take time.

"Whether I'm coming here or not has yet to be signed, sealed and delivered. And I might not be. Only time will tell, and that timeline on my time of things...I'm really not sure."

Even though she didn't seem to know much about the situation currently, she did point out that it was still her decision to make.

"It comes down to my gut and my desire and where I feel like I'll be the happiest and where I feel like I'll be able to have the most success," she said. "And then after that, my team explores the options. But it always starts with where I want to be."

When asked about the possible sale of Godaddy.com, Danica's long time sponsor, she also had very little answers for that topic.

"I don't know," she said. "It might not change anything; it might change everything. I'm not really sure."

She also mentioned that she did speak with Bob Parsons from Godaddy.com earlier in the year about a possible Godaddy.com sale, and according to Danica, Parsons shot down the rumors of the sale at that time. However, recently, rumors about the sale of Godaddy.com have increased rapidly, saying that the company was, or would be sold for anywhere between $2 billion and $2.5 billion.

This weekend marks Danica's third NASCAR race at Daytona. This is currently her most raced track in NASCAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger