If you have any news, press releases, or are interested in contributing to this website, please feel free to email us at nascarnewsandnotes@gmail.com



Friday, July 1, 2011

Tony Stewart Doesn't Back Down About Blocking Statements, Says He Will Retaliate Even If It Costs Him The Chase

Following last weekend's Sprint Cup Series race, Tony Stewart was very clear about blocking. After wrecking Brian Vickers when he blocked Stewart, Vickers wrecked the 14 car back, ruining Stewart's day. Following the race, Stewart said that he had enough of it, and he would even wreck his own teammate and the car he owns - the 39 of Ryan Newman - if he was ever blocked by him.

At Daytona International Speedway this weekend, Stewart has not changed his statement one bit.

“I’ve drawn my line in the sand and the next guy that blocks me is also going to suffer the same fate and it doesn’t matter who it is.’’


In fact, Stewart says he will continue to wreck others who block him, no matter what the risk, even if it costs him a spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

“I’ll make sure when I do it next time that the guy doesn’t have the opportunity to come back and wreck me," Stewart said. “It might (impact his chance to make the Chase). I’m going to stay the course on it. I’m just to the point where I’m fed up with the ways some of these guys are racing each other. If we miss the Chase because of it, so be it. It’s not what the team is going to want to hear, it’s not what our sponsors are going to want to hear, but so be it. There’s 42 guys out there and they know how I race and what I expect. I don’t race them that way, I don’t block guys. I’m not going to block guys, but if they block me, they will suffer the consequences of it.’’

Stewart also made it clear that someone needs to draw the line and that as long as others don't block him, he doesn't really care how people race each other.

“I just think that you’ve got to have somebody that is going to draw a line in the sand somewhere and say this is what we expect. I don’t care if they want to race each other that way, that’s fine. They can race everybody else in the field that way, but I don’t race guys that way."

Tony Stewart also said that many other drivers agreed with him, and that he wasn't surprised one bit that they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger